Thanks to 2012, Miami Hip Hop should be exciting to watch in 2013. Check out the following Because of 2012:
- Miami Hip Hop took a huge emotional loss in 2012 with the murder of rapper Bizzle. Famous for the tracks "I'm a Stripper" and "Lip Biting Animal", this moment encouraged dialouge on how Miami radio was viewed to only care about local artist music in death and not in life.
- Elora Mason's Florida Entertainment Summit, held every December, introduced a wonderful fashion show directed by E. Mackey. E. Mackey will come into the new year being recognized for his track "Twerk" as it becomes the staple of the infamous Bad Girls Club series installment in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Miami Music was showcased at the 2012 NBA Allstar Game with half time performances by Flo Rida and Pitbull.
- Former stripper Tip Drill falls from the ceiling of King of Diamonds Gentleman Club and resurfaces as one of the most talked about female rappers who will emerge during 2013.
- Luther Campbell agrees to add a sample of his "Pop that Coochie" song to one of the hottest tracks of the 2012, French Montana's "Pop That" featuring Rick Ross and Lil Wayne. Also, after being cleared to coach Highschool Football, he added his pen talents to The Miami Times. Stay tuned in 2103 for him to present some more of his ventures in this industry.
- MMG has taken over the airwaves. With this Rick Ross branded label in 2012, it has managed to keep the attention of the world. Adding singer Omarion, Maybac O, and the Miami hometean artist of Gunplay, MMG is making ways to becoming a mainstay in this forever changing rap industry.
- Iceberg raised talks with his blogs about his thoughts and his situation concerning The Dunk Ryders. Still releasing mixtapes and praised, had become rumored to soon join MMG. The talks of that are still whispers in the crowd. Iceberg also debuted his new clothing line, LiveHouse, in 2012. This young man has a vision for 2013.
Miami Hip Hop has in no way simmered down. It is just time for everyone to renotice.