Happy New Year! With the start of each new year comes new resolutions. While health, fitness, and financial goals typically top the list, it's also important to make a few beauty resolutions. Take the time to take care of yourself this year. Whatever your overall goals for 2011, try these beauty tips to perk yourself up during the cold winter months.
- Add some color. Try a temporary change with a colorful manicure or pedicure (even if the sandals are put away for a while!). Boulder's Ten20 nail and waxing salon offers mini manis and pedis for a quick, cost-effective pick me up or a full menu of pampering options, complete with M&Ms, Diet Coke and girly TV shows. Or head to Denver to Tootsies the Nail Shoppe with today's Groupon deal of $37 for a spa mani-pedi (worth $75).
- Take care of your skin. Chances are, the weather has taken a toll on your skin and it's feeling tight and dry. Start with a clean slate by indulging in a facial. Facelogic in Broomfield has a variety of facials and customized add on peels or masks at very reasonable prices. Keep up the good work by moisturizing each day with a product containing SPF. Bath and Body Works' semi-annual sale, going on now, is a great place to stock up on moisturizing and cleansing favorites for face and body.
- Relax. With the busyness of the holiday season, it's easy to get run down and stressed. Before getting too far into work and daily routines, start the new year off with a massage. Essentials Spa or the Spa at the St. Julien provide the ultimate in pampering, with hot stone, aromatherapy and relaxing massages.
- Clean out your makeup closet. A key to healthy skin is applying uncontaminated makeup with clean brushes and tools. Take a honest look at your makeup stash and review Stila's guidelines for makeup expiration dates. If in doubt, throw it away!
- Have fun! No matter what resolutions you make, spend time doing things you enjoy this year. Being happy and having a good positive outlook will go a long away in helping you achieve your goals.