Sometimes the solar energy of the sun calls for an equally matching force to compliment its scintillating heat.
This summer, you can project the golden kiss of the sun with muted desert hues. The neutral palette calls for earthy tones that mirror the bare yet luminous radiance of the desert.
The flipside to this season's other dominant makeup trend-- rainbow coalition-- muted desert hues provides a softer, more streamlined approach to summer beauty focusing more on the organic, less on the va-va voom.
Here are a few tips on how to make the most of one of this season's top makeup trends...
Tip 1: Do combine the look with a dewy face- a moisturizing and rich foundation works wonders with muted desert hues
Tip 2: Pack on the bronzer- you can mirror a sun kissed look without actually going under the sun with a compatible bronzer, it compliments muted desert hues perfectly.
Tip 3: Add a touch of spark with orange undertones. If your muted desert hues signal too much neutral, you can add a spark of color with this season's trending orange color. Include tinted orange gloss or slightly orange blush for an extra dose of color.
Tip 4: Go for the jugular by adding shimmery metallics. For a clean break up in the all nude look, inject shimmery metallics such as bronze and gold to create a sparse layer of color.
1. Dior Addict Gloss in Transat Summer $30 bloomingdales.com
2. Sephora Collection Velvet Eyeshadow in No 3 $15 sephora.com
3. 3.1 Phillip Lim for NARS Nail Polish in Anarchy $20 narscosmetics.com
4. Kevyn Aucoin The Flesh Tone Lip Pencil in Medium $25 barneys.com
5. Smashbox Travel-Size Full Exposure $22 smashbox.com
6. MAC Fluidline, Moody Blooms Collection in Copperthorn $17 bloomingdales.com
7. Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs Lip Color in Truffle Tease $6 drugstore.com
8.ORLY Coffee Break Nail Lacquer in Coffee Break $14 thehut.com