There is something about the word “sangria” that let people know that the party is on. Sure, the traditional red variety is tasty, but refreshing white sangria- well, it’s just special.
Perfect for block parties, beach outings or any hot and sticky day where the adults want to beat the heat with refreshments, this recipe fits the bill. Fair warning here: This beverage packs a punch without tasting alcoholic. So be mindful and please drink responsibly, especially if you are around kids or driving.
Refreshing white sangria's recipe can easily be doubled and will stay quite well in your refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Refreshing White Sangria
· 1 bottle (750ml) of your favorite Pinot Grigio
· 1 cup light rum
· 1/3 cup honey
· ½ lb strawberries, hulled and cut in ½
· 2 kiwi’s, peeled and sliced
· 1 plum, pitted and sliced
· juice of ½ fresh lime
· ½ lime, sliced for garnish
· fresh mint leaves for garnish
· lemon-lime soda or plain soda water (optional)
1. In a large pitcher, mix together wine, rum and honey until honey is well incorporated
2. Add fruit, lime juice and lime slices
3. Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 12
4. Serve over ice, garnish with fresh mint leaves and top with plain or lemon-lime soda, if desired