While browsing through my books I came across one titled, “Bear Hugs for My Teacher” that was given to me by Luegina Scott a student enrolled in EDU 111/112 Spring 2007. The book consist of Scriptures, children’s quotations and inspirational sayings to reinforce ones passion to education children/students to be their best.
Regardless of being a first year or veteran teacher words of inspiration are needed to keep on energized and motivated to see the child/student individually and as part of the whole classroom setting to be educated to the highest heights of learning. Here are some quotations that one may want to post in classroom, home on the refrigerator, post it note in grade book and so forth.
- “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education”. – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “There is no profession more essential than that of an educator and it’s time for all of us to embrace and celebrate their importance and contribution to America’s children”. – Queen Latifah
- “A teacher affects eternity and one can never tell where their INFLUENCE stops”. – Henry Adams
- “The best thing about being a teacher is that it matters. The hardest thing about being a teacher is that it matters everyday”. – Todd Whitaker
- “Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world”. – Nelson Mandela
Teaching is a profession that is 24 hours, 7 days a week job. Because when one invest in our children, you never stop caring, seeking, buying and inspiring them to be and give their very BEST in all work. So if no one has given you inspirational words or a bear hug of appreciation wrap your arms around self and repeat one of the above quotations to know YOU are teaching future citizens for a diverse global world. Thanks and have exceptional school year.