No time to cook from scratch tonight? Well then this recipe should hit the spot. Made up of left-overs or food already cooked. It is a vegetarian alternative to a meat lasagna. Any beans can be used depending on your liking.
- Homemade pasta sauce
- Mixed, cooked beans
- Shredded cheese (any kind)
- Lasagna noodles
- Sour cream
- Potato starch (optional sauce thickener)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Reheat tomato sauce and add sour cream over medium heat. Mix completely. When the sauce starts to bubble add cooked beans. Bring to a boil, cover and let cook for 5 minutes. Turn off fire.
- In a baking dish put down a layer of bean sauce on the bottom. Layer first lasagna noodle layer then another layer of bean sauce. Add the top layer of noodles, a thin layer of sauce and shredded cheese.
- Spray one side of foil paper with nonstick spray. Put over baking dish with sprayed side down. This keeps the cheese from sticking. Place in oven for 30 minutes to bake. Remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes to bake top.
- Remove from oven, let cool about 10 minutes then serve.
- Homemade pasta sauce-Cobb Int'l Mkt, BJs Wholesale, Life Grocery
- Mixed, cooked beans-Cobb Int'l Mkt
- Shredded cheese (any kind)-Kroger
- Lasagna noodles-Kroger
- Sour cream-Ingles (16 ozs/$1.88)
- Potato starch (optional sauce thickener)-Dekalb Farmer's Mkt