Warm weather has finally arrived – at least for the next two days… While we have the chance, this examiner intends to celebrate it by mixing up her style. Turning to the experts, we talked to Lauren McCowan, an award-winning stylist and International Evo ambassador. After working in New York for two years in both salon and editorial environments, her work has been published everywhere from Vogue and Harpers Bazaar to Russh and Grazia.
Whilst working as Creative Director for Cloud Nine, Lauren maintains a high paced editorial career; working as hair director across fashion shows, shoots and working regularly with clients such as Kimbra, Matt Corby and Gin Wigmore – cementing her status as a go to stylist for some of Australia’s most exciting talent.
Here, to help spruce up your look for the season, Lauren shares her tips for a casual and chic style for spring.
- Prep hair by misting in evo Day of Grace and brush into hair. Part hair in desired parting and section from ear to ear. Section out the top of the hair at the crown as shown.
- Using a curling tong, start on the right side of the head and work around. Take large vertical sections and curl the roots and mid-lengths for 6-8 seconds. Release curl and allow to cool.
- Raise your arm above your head to control the curling tong as you work through the back of the head.
- Take horizontal sections when working across the top of the head for volume. Repeat same technique.
- Once hair is set, spritz hair with evo Mister Fantastic, scrunch in and let product dry naturally into hair for 2 minutes.
- Shake hair out and dress into place. Set style with evo Builders Paradise for hold and extra style support for fine hair.