Are you an effective communicator? Would you like to take a stand, speak with your employer/employee or the clients that you serve? For most individuals, communication does not come easy, as you would in taking a breath. Don't put off for tomorrow what you need to do for today, because you may not get another opportunity.
This examiner knows first hand about not confronting a problem. Never let yourself be on the receiving end; it is best to be proactive than reactive. Your employer, employee or client will respect you for it in the end, and your credibility will go unscathed. That being said, take note of the following.
- Sharpen your listening skills.
- Pay attention to the body language of others.
- Use social networking to your benefit.
- If you are in a supervisory role? Show your support for the employee.It will set the tone for their success.
- Identify and stop the bullies in the workplace, whether boss or employee? It does not matter.
- Make sure to ace your interview as you search for employment opportunities.
- Face the conflict that is being dealt in your direction, it will pay off in the long run.
Take a stance, spread the word and your workplace may improve.
“The most important thing in communication is to hear what is not being said.”
~Peter F. Drucker