Peanut butter in itself is a food source all by itself. It provides wholesome goodness and nutrition while also being a comfort food for all peanut lovers. This peanut butter cake bread recipe is easy to prepare and will provide a heavenly aroma throughout the house no one will want to resist. A slice of this delightful creation is great anytime of the day or evening. Enjoy a slice on mornings when you have to rush out the door, as lunchtime or after school snack or even dessert once dinner has been consumed.
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup of peanut butter
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 melted chocolate bars for garnish, optional
- Chopped peanuts for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350’.
- Sift all dry the ingredients together into a large mixing bowl and stir.
- Place the peanut butter and milk together in a separate mixing bowl and stir.
- Then add the peanut butter mixture a little at a time into the dry ingredients and beat well.
- Pour the peanut butter cake bread mixture into a greased loaf or Bundt pan.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until the top of the cake turns a light and golden color.
- Remove baking pan from oven when done and set on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert the peanut cake from the pan and place it back on the rack to cool completely.
- Garnish with melted chocolate and crushed or chopped peanuts if desired.
- Transfer the desert to a cake plate, slice and serve.
- This recipe tastes best when baked the day before.
- A handful of chocolate chips can be included to give the bread a peanut butter cup candy taste.
- You can also mix in a small ripe banana for some extra wholesome goodness.
- Slice and serve with cream cheese or smear some peanut butter on top to satisfy that peanut butter craving.
- Creamy or chunky peanut butter will both work well in this recipe.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved