Millions of Americans make New Year’s resolution each January. One of the most popular ones is to lose weight. Becoming a fit mom in 2013 may be easier and more attainable than you think.
We all have excuses as to why we haven’t lost the weight. Too busy. Not enough time. No motivation. Too expensive. Just can’t stick with a plan.
Push all of these excuses aside.
As parents, we lead by example. As much as you may tell your kids how to eat healthy, how to exercise, and how to stay fit, they will only truly learn these lessons by watching you.
So, in 2013, take some time for yourself. Be healthy, be active, be a great role model, and be a great mom.
Here are a few ways to sneak and fit exercise into your daily routine.
1. Join a mommy boot camp. Boot camps are becoming increasingly popular in local communities. Mommy boot camps are geared towards those moms who can’t get a break away from their children. Most boot camps allow you to bring the kids along as you get a great workout.
2. Exercise early in the morning. Workout before your husband leaves for work. Set your alarm, get up and get out while everyone is still sleeping. This may be tough at first, but after a few mornings it will not be so hard and you will feel great all day.
3. Join stroller strides. Workout with other moms and include your kids.
4. Join a gym. Gyms have childcare. Drop the kids off and get your workout in.
5. Include the kids. Go for a bike ride with your kids. Take a walk to the park. There are many ways to enjoy time with your children and get a nice workout in.
These are just a few ways to sneak exercise into your daily routine. It may be a challenge at first, but if you stick to it and make an effort, it will become habit.
Exercise makes you happier, more self-confident and a healthier person.
So please join me in 2013 and become a fit mom.