As we all know, the FOTUS was the style star at the inauguration on Martin Luther King Day. They are the talk of the town and Huffington Post announced on Jan.24, they even have their own Twitter account:@Michellesbangs
“I do think cutting bangs will be the next trend in Washington,” Lucky magazine’s Bergamotto to ABC News. “Bangs are something that a lot of women over 40 will do instead of getting Botox because it does give a more youthful look and it covers up any wrinkles.”
If you want to try to get this look at home, here's some steps to take your bangs from meek to chic.
- Invest in a good pair of barbering shears. You can get them at any Sally's or beauty supply store.
- Never take more than what is in front of you. Not take the longer pieces in the back.
- Gather the bang in the center, brush it out so that all of the hairs are uniform.
- Pull them out, not down.
- Determine where you want to cut. ProTip: Start slow. You can always cut more. If you cut off too much at once, can't undo it.
- Slide your fingers slowly down the hair your grasping, stopping at the end where you want to cut. Make small snips. Once your finished, release your hear and spread it out over your forehead.
- You've got your FLOTUS bang flowing!
To check out more of First Lady Obama's style, check out the video above.
If you enjoyed this article, here's some others you may like.
Khloe Kardashian- style star and beauty mogul