The PC version of Battlefield 4 received a new update Monday as DICE continues to attempt to correct the numerous lingering issues with the military shooter. The developer also announced that the Playstation 4 and Playstation 3 versions will receive an update very soon as well.
"Hi everyone! We have now started to roll out the PC game update, and will deploy the new R18 server at the same time, DICE Community Manager Vincent Vukovic announced on Reddit. "Expect some downtime."
The update that was deployed continues to try and improve Battlefield 4's stability including fixing a memory leak that would cause the game to crash at the end of long matches. There are also numerous in-game glitches that were fixed as well from minor scoreboard display issues to player's spawning under the Lancang Dam map.
DICE included some vehicle tweaks as well though such as increasing the damage of the Stealth Jet's 20mm canons and making it so that all of the Attack Jets handle similarly while also being less agile than before.
Both the PS4 and PS3 will receive an update on Tuesday, Jan 14. Presumably, this update will contain many of the same fixes as the PC version. There is no word on when the Xbox One or Xbox 360 versions of Battlefield 4 will receive their updates yet.
Jan 13 PC Game Update Notes
- Various fixes for improving general stability
- Fixed a memory leak issue occurring after level shutdowns, which could result in a out-of-memory crash in longer play sessions
- Additional fix for the "sound loop" deadlock when running High/Ultra graphics settings
- Added a warning for using Legacy AMD drivers that were out of date
- Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done
- Fixed a bug where players’ rank icons on the scoreboard would not be updated
- Fix for Asian users unable to start Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 on Windows 8.1
- Normalized repair rates across all vehicles.
- Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
- Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
- Fixed a bug where a Main Battle Tank Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
- Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons.
- Stealth Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other. F35 & J-20 are slightly more agile, Su-50 is less agile.
- Attack Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other, and all 3 are now slightly less agile than earlier
- Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch
- Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs
- Fix for player spawning under the map when deploying on Lancang Dam
- Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker
R18 Server Update Notes
- Compatibility updates for the Jan 13 PC game update
- Enabled Live Scoreboard for all game servers
- Changed Air Superiority default tickets from 100 to 200
- Fixes for five server crashes
You can follow Scott via Facebook, Twitter, RSS feed or email alerts for all the latest game news and deals as well as the weekly Furious Fourcast podcast/videocast. All game news on Examiner can be followed at the Game On Facebook page and Twitter feed.