Florida’s mild temperatures have been luring professional baseball teams for spring training for years. Fondly nicknamed, The Grapefruit League, baseball fans flock to the training fields to see who’s who (and who will be a star) in the upcoming season. Many resorts that are in close proximity to the practice stadiums offer baseball fans special Spring Training packages. These deals are designed to put fans in the midst of the action during the day, and pamper them with comfortable accommodations at night.
Here are some top choice Spring Training packages around the Sunshine State:
Jupiter Beach Resort, Jupiter Beach
For fans of the Miami Marlins and the St. Louis Cardinals
Practice facility is Roger Dean Stadium
Their “Play Ball!” Spring Training package starts at $261 a night and includes:
- 10% off the best available rate (valid on all rooms and suites)
- Baseball gift basket filled with a baseball, a Sharpie pen and Cracker Jacks
- $10 for a hotdog & drink at the stadium (after tickets are presented at the stadium)
- Breakfast for two each morning at Sinclair’s Grill onsite
This package is valid from March 1-April 1, 2013. Just give them a call at 866-943-0950 to book your room, or visit their website and enter special promo code BALL.
Or, go for broke and experience their Diamond MVP Spring Training Package that starts at $539 a night. Included in their Diamond MVP Spring Training Package, you’ll enjoy:
- One luxurious night in an ocean view Superior Suite
- Daily breakfast for up to 4 in Sinclair’s Grill
- Four Field Box tickets
- A gift basket filled with a baseball, a Sharpie pen and tasty Cracker Jacks
- One "Day At The Stadium Experience"
- A personal curbside Roger Dean Stadium escort will greet your party
- A behind-the-scenes tour of the clubhouse and the 110-acre sports complex
- The chance to see your team perform batting practice - on the field
- Ceremonial First Pitch (this is where you get to join the players before the game, then get your game on by throwing the first pitch to start the game
- Two children, ages 13 or younger can sit in the dugout before the game for a photo and maybe even autographs
This fabulous package is only available for the home games from Feb. 23-March 28, 2013. Just call 800-228-8810 to book or log on to their website and use the special code DIAMOND.
For fans on the west coast of Florida, check out this fantastic package at the gorgeous Sandpearl Resort on Clearwater Beach (top beach in the nation).
Here are the teams and practice facility:
Toronto Blue Jays at Florida Exchange Stadium
Philadelphia Phillies - Bright House Networks Field
NY Yankees- Steinbrenner Field
Pittsburgh Pirates - McKechnie Field
The Sandpearl's special Spring Training deals start at $319 per night (with a two-night minimum) and here is what is included:
- An official MLB baseball
- Cracker Jacks (of course!)
- Two jumbo hotdogs and two soft drinks at the Tate Island Grill
- Your choice of accommodations
This offer is valid for travel from Feb. 23-March 31, 2013. Call 877-726-3111 to reserve your Spring Training spot now.