Equestrians across the Midwest are saddling up for a host of horse events during the first full weekend of September. Barrel racing, hunter-jumper competitions, trails rides, and a carriage classic draw horse lovers from all over.
Horse happenings continue from Friday, September 6, through Sunday, September 8.
Equestrian participants and spectators are advised to call show and event venues ahead to confirm times and other details. Last-minute changes and cancellations may occur.
Inspect this selection of show bills and flyers for Midwestern horse-related happenings occurring during first weekend of September:
- The 20th Annual Barrel Blitz comes to Showtime Arena, in Deerfield, Wisconsin, running from September 6 to 8.
- Annali Farm, of Antioch, Illinois, presents the Chicago Hunter Derby, including the $50,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby, on September 7 and 8.
- The 2013 Oshkosh Dressage Classic goes on at the Sunnyview Expo Center, in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, on September 7 and 8.
- In Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin, the annual Villa Louis Carriage Classic draws equestrian driving fans on September 7 and 8.
- The Dodge County Horsemen’s Association holds an Open Fun Speed Show on September 7 at the Boots and Saddle Club Arena, in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.
- Heartland Stables, of Custer, Wisconsin, offers its Saddle Shootout Year-End Western Show on September 7. A Saddle Shootout English Day follows at Heartland on September 8.
- The Southern Kettle Moraine Horse Trail Association has its Fall Roundup Fundraiser at the Horseriders Campground in Palmyra, Wisconsin, on September 7.
- In Oregon, Wisconsin, Mandt Equestrian Center closes its Summer Show Series 2013 with a September 8 event.
Please note: Thank you for reading and for sharing the link to this article with others. Feel free to +1, Digg, Facebook, Pin, Stumble, Tweet, or otherwise pass the http link along. However, this content is copyrighted, so the actual article (or images) may not be copied and reposted on blogs, social networking sites, websites, or elsewhere.
Readers: You are invited to subscribe (confidentially and free) to receive e-mail updates whenever this columnist publishes a new article. Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page.
Equestrian event managers and hosts: Do you have upcoming shows, clinics, or other highlights to share? Email the Madison Equestrian Examiner with flyers and details.
Writers: Want to learn how you can join Examiner as a columnist in your choice of cities and topics? Email me for details.