This coming Saturday, October 2nd at 9am, auditions will be held at the Old Town Temecula Theater for a BARE Intensity performance scheduled on October 27, 2010 at 7:30pm. This is a rare opportunity for local dancers to become a part of a revolutionary new program.
Dancers ages 13 and up will be auditioned to work with choreographer, Mike Esperanza of BARE Dance Company. Selected dancers will be trained in the companies repertory. Dancers must be available for rehearsal times from October 24-27, between 1-4pm or 5-8pm.
" In an intensive, four-day time-frame, local choreographers will have the opportunity to work with professional dancers, and local dancers will learn from the artistic director and experience the work ethic of a professional dance company:
- BARE Dance Company’s Artistic Director, Mike Esperanza, will set a new group piece on selected local dancers.
- Select local dancers will be chosen to learn BARE Dance Companyrepertory.
- All work generated through this process will be presented in a fully-producedperformance on stage: WED, OCT 27 @ 7:30pm.
- Scholarships will be awarded to promising participating dance students.
- Residency activities will be videotaped including interviews with participants and patrons. The resulting, edited documentary will be distributed to all participants and archived with the Dance Films Association." - Old Town Temecula Theater
INNERSTATE program, brought about by the theater and other local venues, brings choreographers from the Northern California regions to work with dancers from Southern California, and vice versa. The project is an effort of the ODC Theater of San Francisco, conceived to breathe life into those communities who wouldn't normally be engaged in a relevant, cutting-edge dance scene. Through their program, ODC Theater strives to bring professional and career advancement to those artists who are outside the large urban areas of California's cities. ODC's website has a listing of the projects that are in progress for the 2010 Season http://www.odcdance.org.
For more information on this project, please refer to the Temecula Theater's website listed here http://www.temeculatheater.org