Everyone's favorite retro arcade and craft beer bar hybrid is ready to ring in another great year in business with Barcade's 3rd Anniversary Party on Thursday, April 24 beginning at noon. After opening in Jersey City, the sensation quickly spread as locations in Brooklyn and Philadelphia soon followed, with another spot in Manhattan on the way.
Loaded with tons of classic arcade games like Asteroids, Centipede, Contra, Rampage, Punch Out and more, the bar packs an equal punch with their taplist day in and day out. This year's anniversary list is as stacked as ever, featuring loads of barrel-aged and limited gems from Allagash, Firestone Walker, Great Lakes, Kane, The Lost Abbey and others.
While the fun kicks off at noon, come by after 5pm to grab a free half-dozen oysters with your beer purchase. The more limited kegs are likely to kick early on, so make this your first stop of the evening.
The draft list:
- Allagash Avance - 10.8% - American Wild Ale brewed with molasses aged in bourbon barrels with strawberries for 3 years!
- B. Nektar Necromangocon - 6.0% - Mead fermented with Michigan honey, mango and black peppercorn intended to be consumed while summoning the Old Ones
- Ballast Point Indra Kunindra - 7.0% - Export Stout brewed with Madras curry, lime leaf, coconut, cayenne and cumin
- Brooklyn Monster 2011 - English style Barley Wine aged at Barcade for 3 years!
- Carton Ship Wreck Porter - 10.0% - American style Porter aged in Brinley Spiced Rum barrels
- Dogfish Head World Wide Stout - 18.0% - Imperial Stout that will grow hair on the bottom of your feet!
- Firestone Walker Parabola 2012 - 12.5% - Russian Imperial Stout aged in bourbon barrels aged at Barcade for 2 years
- Fisherman's Old Grog - 7.5% - Brown Ale brewed with lemongrass and nutmeg aged in Rum Barrels
- Founders Old Curmudgeon - 9.8% - Old Ale that will tell you to get your damn ball off its lawn
- Great Divide 19th Anniversary - 10.2% - American Strong Ale aged on birch wood
- Great Lakes Chillwave - 9.4% - Double IPA that will help you achieve a moment of Zen
- Harpoon Citra Victorious - 5.8% - Pale Ale brewed with grapefruit peel
- He Brew Reunion '13 - 7.5% - Imperial Brown Ale brewed with cocoa nibs, vanilla, coffee and cinnamon
- Kane "Barrel Aged" Solitude - 9.6% - Belgian Dark Strong Ale aged in bourbon barrels
- Lost Abbey Cuvee du Tomme - 11.0% - Belgian Dark Strong Ale aged in bourbon barrels with sour cherries and brettanomyces
- North Coast Class of '88 - 10.0% - American style Barley Wine is a collaboration between Rogue, Deschutes, and Northcoast, all of whom opened in 1988
- Rogue Double Chocolate Stout - 8.7% - Imperial Stout brewed with Dutch bittersweet chocolate
- Sixpoint Otis - 6.1% - Cask Conditioned Oatmeal Stout
- Victory 1337 Ale - 6.0% - American style India Pale Ale brewed as a celebration of Victory's Anniversary and as a salute to their early days as home brewers
- Weyerbacher Eighteen - 11.1% - German style Weizenboch brewed in celebration of the brewery's eighteenth anniversary
Barcade is located at 163 Newark Ave. in Jersey City, NJ.