While there are errands to run and shopping lists to complete, the last thing anyone needs to worry about during the holiday season is what to have for dinner. A sandwich is acceptable fare this time of year. This one can even be considered to be a hot meal.
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup prepared duck sauce
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breast
- 3/4 cups prepared coleslaw
- 4 bulkie or Kaiser rolls
- In a small bowl, stir together barbecue sauce, duck sauce, onion and black pepper.
- Place chicken pieces in an 8" baking dish. Pour sauce mixture over chicken. Cover with foil.
- Bake in 350° oven for 40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove foil and transfer chicken to a bowl. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Using 2 forks, shred chicken. Stir n 1 1/3 cups juices from baking dish.
- Evenly divide chicken mixture and coleslaw between rolls.