It’s no secret that a woman’s hair is her “crown and glory.” From long to short, wavy to straight, natural to weave, many women experiment in changing their hairstyle; but the majority is wearing the same do since high school.
One of the most fashionably hairstyle trends of the moment is the bang. But how do you consider cutting a bang, when you haven’t rocked a new style in years. Let’s face it, no one want to chop off their precious locks only to hate the end result and have to go through the torture of growing it out.
The secret is in knowing your face shape and consulting with a hairstylist that can get the job done in one easy, breezy cut. Here are some tips to remember to get the best fringe style for your face shape:
1. Square face: A full, blunt bang that is kept narrower in the center looks best. The cut should include layers that reach to the side of the chin to elongate and shape the face. Celebrities, such as Sandra Bullock, have proved just how amazing a bang can look from daytime shopping to a night on the red carpet.
2. Round face: Proceed with caution because a bang can make a circular face appear fuller. The cut should have a long, angular, side swept style going across the face. When speaking with your stylist request a graphic, thicker, curved shape that will flatter the bone structure. Jennifer Hudson is one starlet who brings her bang to a new level.
3. Heart face: If your face is heart shape you’re in great company with the likes of celebrity Reese Witherspoon. How can you get the same amazing style like Witherspoon? Go for a layered feathered style that is long, not wide.
4. Oval face: If you’re one of the lucky ones with an oval shape, you have the most options because this shape is the most balanced. Ask for bangs that hit between the brow and the eyelash and are longer on the edges. Pop star Brittany Spears knows how to rock her bang on and off the stage.
5. Small forehead: Think asymmetrical fringe to give a stronger, more pronounced look to a small forehead. Selma Blair is a great example of wearing a bang that accents her face perfectly.
6. Large forehead: Most with this face shape gravity to a bang because of the two-fold benefit of concealing the forehead and how it opens up and widen the face to effectively bring balance to the face. Actress Zooey Deschanel wears a beautiful thick bang that camouflage her forehead and draws attention to her big blue eyes.
Ready to bang out a new look? Study your face shape and consult with one of these New Orleans salons; Salon Senaj, Nikki Walker or Stardust Salon to get the perfect bang for your face shape.
View the slideshow to see your favorite celebrities rocking their bang and some favorite looks seen at Fashion Week New Orleans ’13 compliments of FWNOLA’s Glam Squad.
.Enjoyed this article? Click on the link above to subscribe for the latest blogs in fashion, trends, beauty, chic events & more!
- Got a fashion story or event you’d like have covered? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter - @fashionweeknola
- Instagram - fashioinably_yours_nola