For an easy snack, or a quick addition to your breakfast menu, try this smoothie recipe. It is tasty and refreshing, and the two different types of fruit give a real nutrient boost.
1 medium orange, peeled and sections
1 medium banana, peeled and chunked
1 individual serving size of vanilla yogurt
- Place the fruit into a blender and add the yogurt.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water over the fruit and yogurt to start, adding more later if necessary.
- Pulse until everything is combined and the smoothie is of the desired consistency.
- Try using a tangerine or pineapple chunks in place of the orange.
- Serve this smoothie with whole wheat pancakes and sausages.
Be sure to subscribe to Bangor Easy Meals to receive all new updates to the column. Please share articles you enjoy on Facebook, Twitter and other social and bookmarking venues. You may contact Shannon any time at email@example.com, or by leaving a comment here.