This weekend is my father's birthday and after struggling to find a gift for the guy who has everything, I decided I would bake up some lovin' from the oven! My dad loves banana bread, so my first thought was just a nice loaf of the sweet stuff. But why not add in some blueberries? Heck! Why not bake it in a bundt pan and add sprinkles?! So that's exactly what happened. Below is the recipe for a Banana Blueberry Loaf. Feel free to glam it up as a sprinkled cake!
2 eggs beaten
1/3 cup milk
½ cup oil
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cup sugar
1 ¾ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 340 degrees.
2. Prepare your loaf pan by cutting a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom, then grease the sides of the pan.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs.
4. Add oil, milk and vanilla and beat again.
5. Mash bananas thoroughly and add to eggs, oil and milk.
6. In a separate bowl, sift sugar, flour, baking soda and salt together. Slowly stir into wet ingredients. Mix only until incorporated.
7. Fold in the blueberries.
8. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
9. Let cool for 30 minutes, then run a knife around the edges and turn pan over to release bread.