Did you know? The Baltimore Orioles are looking for winning smiles, champions of hospitality, and all stars of customer service to fulfill seasonal employment positions.
What: If you enjoy being surrounded by baseball, these seasonal positions may be for you. All positions require strong interpersonal communication skills and a willingness to assist fans in a polite, friendly manner. Every employee is expected to have a basic knowledge of Oriole Park at Camden Yards and be able to locate areas within the ballpark. Some positions require standing for long periods of time and exposure to all types of weather.
Who: Applicants must be able to work long hours, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Candidates must have some experience working with people in a customer-service capacity. Background checks are performed on all candidates hired Don't forget to indicate the position desired on either the resume or application. To apply for any of our seasonal openings, download the application here.
When: Apply in-person event scheduled for Wednesday January 30, 2013 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: Oriole Park at Camden Yards, 333 West Camden Street, Baltimore, MD 21231
FYI: Parking is available in Lot C. If you can not make the in-person hiring event. Seasonal candidates may fax a completed application to 410-547-6273, or send via mail to: Baltimore Orioles, 333 West Camden Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. Check a list of available positions and job specifications are seen on the Orioles website or call 1-888-848-BIRD (2473) for more information :
- Ball Girl or Ball Boy (Seasonal): Ball girls and ball boys serve as ambassadors for the Orioles team. They participate in pre-game ceremonies as well as some pre and postgame ballpark events. During the game, they are expected to field foul ground balls cleanly, and engage the crowd with spirited cheers, conversation, and other promotional activities. Applicants must be available to work a majority of home Orioles games. The rate of pay is $8.00 per hour.
- Ballpark Tour Guides (Seasonal/Part-time): Out-going, knowledgeable baseball fans are needed to become Ballpark Tour Guides for Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Guides take fans on a 75- minute walking tour of the ballpark, providing statistical and historical information along the way that encompasses the entire Camden Yards neighborhood. The rate of pay is $8.00 per hour. All applicants must be available between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. between the months of February and October.
- Event Staff (Seasonal/Game-time): Out-going and fan-friendly individuals are needed to become members of our Event Staff. Our Event Staff members greet fans entering the ballpark, assist fans in scanning tickets for entry to the park, provide directional information to fans regarding seating, concessions, emergencies, and maintain an up-beat, family atmosphere so that all fans can enjoy the game. The rate of pay is $8.00 per hour. Applicants must be available for the majority of home games for the Orioles 2013 schedule.
- Sales & Fan Services Representative (Seasonal/Part Time): The representatives provide the highest level of customer service to Orioles fans via incoming calls to our main phone queue. Our representatives are able to sell group tickets and season ticket plans. In addition, they are able to answer fan questions related to general team policies. Each representative is responsible for keeping fans aware of various ticket opportunities that become available. A strong work ethic and desire to grow business is necessary to become successful in this opportunity. A portion of this opportunity will involve making out-bound sales calls. You must enjoy speaking on the phone and the challenge of problem solving. A flexible schedule is required, as well as working evenings and weekends during our 2013 season. The rate of pay is $8.00 per hour.
- Sales & Fan Services Ticket Seller (Seasonal/Part time): Within our Box Office, staff members sell individual game tickets on both game and non-game days. The responsibility of the ticket seller is to provide a smooth transaction for each customer, ensuring the customer is aware of all available tickets and promotions. Each seller is expected to understand the seating layout of the ballpark and prices, including discounts. They must balance their bank at the completion of each shift. Applicants must be available to work the majority of home Oriole games. The rate of pay is $8.00 per hour.
- Fan Assistance Representative (Seasonal): If you have a true desire to serve fans, this position may be for you. We are scouting for individuals who can provide the highest level of customer service to join our Fan Assistance team. The rate of pay is $8.00 per hour. Team members should have a flexible schedule that includes working at least 80% of our home games.