Baldwin Beach Park near the town of Paia is on the windward side of Maui, Hawaii. It's a popular beach on that part of the island with both visitors to the island and the locals that live nearby. There's a small, calm cove on both ends of the beach for small children to use, and the beach is a good place for walkers and joggers.
If you're staying on the windward side in Paia, Makawao, Kula or other upcountry cities, this is the nicest beach park on that side of Maui. It's a popular beach on weekends, and it's conveniently located off the Hana Highway (Hwy 36) just before the quaint, historic town of Paia.
- Good, free parking lot that is close to the beach area.
- Lifeguard is on duty.
- Beautiful views of the west Maui mountains, with excellent ocean views and Humpback Whales during whale season.
- Shade trees above a sandy, clean, wide beach.
- Nice restroom facilities, with covered picnic tables and barbque grills.
- Within an easy walk to and from the town of Paia.
- Good for body surfing and boogie boarding. Not so good for swimming.
- Small, protected pool for children at one end of Baldwin Beach Park.
- Explore both ends of Baldwin Beach Park, as there's several other beaches just over a mile away.
- The water can get very rough on this side of Maui, especially after 1 p.m.
- No convenience store inside the beach park. Pack It In - Pack It Out!
- Weekends can be really crowded, mostly with locals and families with small children.
- Not a great snorkeling location.
The 17-acre park also features soccer fields, softball fields, a covered pavilion with tables. and several uncovered picnic tables with grill stations. There is parking for over 150 vehicles, and restroom facilities with water fountains are available.
Open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Directions. It is easy to find Baldwin Beach Park. Take Hwy. 36 (Hana Hwy.) from Kapalua toward the historic, plantation town of Paia. Just before Paia (about Mile Market 6) you'll see the broad entrance to Baldwin Beach Park. Start looking for a parking spot once you enter the park.
- Grab a breakfast at Charley's in Paia, then head over to Baldwin Beach Park and spend the day.
- Or go to Baldwin Beach Park first, then go to Charley's in Paia for lunch.
- Another popular place for lunch and dinner in Paia is the Paia Fish Market.
- Take a cooler or ice chest with you, along with sandwiches and snacks. There is no convenience store within the park.
- Take some time in the early evening and walk the streets of Paia, and enjoy Maui's "hippie town".
Tripadvisor Reviews give good insight from others who've visited Baldwin Beach Park.
Yelp also provides comments and reviews about other's experience at Baldwin Beach Park.
Hawaii Travel Suggestions.
One of the most beautiful Hawaiian islands is Maui. Make sure to drive to the west side of Maui, and see the historic whaling town of Lahaina. Also, consider a day trip to the island of Lanai on an Expeditions ferry our of Lahaina Harbor.
Fashions of Hawaii has the best pricing for beachwear, casual wear, bikinis, Hawaii-inspired jewelry, and floral long dresses ideal for Hawaii.
K1 Fiance/Fiancee VISA – here’s everything you need to know to obtain a K1 VISA for a USA man to marry a woman from Thailand and Southeast Asia.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama's Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It's one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman's Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It's one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento's On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali' imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy's in Ka'anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui's Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe'o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A "must-see" beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui's top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii's largest working sugar factory.