Baldwin Beach Park near the town of Paia is on the windward side of Maui, Hawaii. It's a popular beach on that part of the island with both visitors to the island and the locals that live nearby. There's a small, calm cove on both ends of the beach for small children to use, and the beach is a good place for walkers and joggers.
If you're staying on the windward side in Paia, Makawao, Kula or other upcountry cities, this is the nicest beach park on that side of Maui. It's a popular beach on weekends, and it's conveniently located off the Hana Highway (Hwy 36) just before the quaint, historic town of Paia.
- Good, free parking lot that is close to the beach area.
- Lifeguard is on duty.
- Beautiful views of the west Maui mountains, with excellent ocean views and Humpback Whales during whale season.
- Shade trees above a sandy, clean, wide beach.
- Nice restroom facilities, with covered picnic tables and barbque grills.
- Within an easy walk to and from the town of Paia.
- Good for body surfing and boogie boarding. Not so good for swimming.
- Small, protected pool for children at one end of Baldwin Beach Park.
- Explore both ends of Baldwin Beach Park, as there's several other beaches just over a mile away.
- The water can get very rough on this side of Maui, especially after 1 p.m.
- No convenience store inside the beach park. Pack It In - Pack It Out!
- Weekends can be really crowded, mostly with locals and families with small children.
- Not a great snorkeling location.
The 17-acre park also features soccer fields, softball fields, a covered pavilion with tables. and several uncovered picnic tables with grill stations. There is parking for over 150 vehicles, and restroom facilities with water fountains are available.
Open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Directions. It is easy to find Baldwin Beach Park. Take Hwy. 36 (Hana Hwy.) from Kapalua toward the historic, plantation town of Paia. Just before Paia (about Mile Market 6) you'll see the broad entrance to Baldwin Beach Park. Start looking for a parking spot once you enter the park.
- Grab a breakfast at Charley's in Paia, then head over to Baldwin Beach Park and spend the day.
- Or go to Baldwin Beach Park first, then go to Charley's in Paia for lunch.
- Another popular place for lunch and dinner in Paia is the Paia Fish Market.
- Take a cooler or ice chest with you, along with sandwiches and snacks. There is no convenience store within the park.
- Take some time in the early evening and walk the streets of Paia, and enjoy Maui's "hippie town".
Tripadvisor Reviews give good insight from others who've visited Baldwin Beach Park.
Yelp also provides comments and reviews about other's experience at Baldwin Beach Park.