Girl Scout cookie time is here! Thin Mints, Tagalongs, Samoas, and many more. You may stick to the classics or indulge in a newer flavor but the overall consensus on Girl Scout cookies is: they rock! Stock up while you can. Girl Scout cookie freeze well and can be used to make some great baked goods.
If you are a cupcake lover make a cupcake based on the flavors of your favorite Girl Scout cookie and then garnish it with a cookie. For example: Make a vanilla cupcake filled with caramel, topped with chocolate frosting, toasted coconut, and a Samoa. Click here for a Tagalong cupcake recipe.
Wish you could eat Girl Scout cookies as a snack? Well they may be snack for you but if you put them into a snack mix you can drag out the Girl Scout cookie flavor without having to devour the whole box. Try this crunchy caramel snack mix using Dulce de Leche Girl Scout cookies.
Thin Mints are arguably one of the countries favorite Girl Scout cookie. People like them cold, frozen, room temperature; you name it, people love them in almost all forms. Put Thin Mints into brownies, truffles, and cake. Go Thin Mint crazy!
Whatever your favorite Girl Scout cookie is incorporate it into your baked goods. Crush them up and add to batter, use as topping for cake, cupcakes, and ice-cream (yes not technically baking, but still delicious). Another way to used crush Girl Scout cookies is by making them into a pie crust and adding pudding, whipped cream, and adding even more cookies to top it off.
When you order Girl Scout cookies this year make sure you order enough to eat and bake with until next year!
A complete list of the 2013 Girl Scout cookie flavors include: (Cookie availability varies area to area)
• Do-Si-Dos- Peanut butter sandwich cookies.
• Dulce de Leche – Caramel chip cookies.
• Samoas (AKA caramel deLites)- Vanilla cookie covered in caramel and topped with coconut and chocolate.
• Tagalongs- (AKA Peanut Butter Patties) cookie coated in peanut and chocolate.
• Thanks-A-Lot- Shortbread cookie with a chocolate bottom.
• Thank U Berry Munch- Cranberries and white fudge chip cookie.
• Thin Mints- Peppermint cookie coated in chocolate.
• Trefoils (AKA Shortbread)
• Savannah Smiles- Lemon cookie dust in powdered sugar that commemorates 100th Girl Scout anniversary.
• Lemonades- Tangy lemon cookies.
• Mango Crèmes with NutriFusion- Coconut and vanilla cookie with a mango crème filling. These are unique because they are enhanced with nutrients.
To find a Girl Scout troop in the Madison area to order from click here.