Families can have a wonderful Italian dinner without a lot of fuss. This dish is quick and easy to prepare. A warm, fast and filling dinner choice that will feed the whole family in no time makes this dish an all-time family favorite.
With only five ingredients this casserole dish can be made ahead of time and frozen or in just a few moments and placed into the oven when you get home from work. Leftover's can also be frozen if the recipe is doubled when you know there are a few days on the calendar that are jam-packed with activities. Parents will know there is a home-cooked meal defrosting while they are out and can still serve their family a hot delicious meal a half an hour later.
- 1 (28 ounce package) of frozen cheese ravioli
- 3-4 cups of tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon of oregano
- Preheat the oven to 425’.
- Cover the bottom of a casserole dish with tomato sauce.
- Place half of the frozen cheese ravioli over the sauce.
- Add ¾ of a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese over the ravioli.
- Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of oregano over the cheese.
- Repeat the process with a second layer starting with the sauce, ravioli, cheese and oregano.
- If there is extra sauce drizzle over the top then bake uncovered in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and place casserole dish in the center of the table to be used as the serving dish.
- Serve with a small salad with Italian dressing or just oil and vinegar along side some warm sliced Italian bread.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved