This lemon chicken recipe is an easy and healthful weeknight meal. Pop it in the oven while you pull together a green salad, steam some broccoli, and set the table. Before you know it, you’ll be sitting down to a delicious dinner that took no time at all.
Ingredients (serves two):
1 whole lemon, plus the juice of another half
2 chicken breasts, trimmed, rinsed, and patted dry (do not pound)
3 T dried rosemary
Salt and pepper according to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Slice the lemons and place them on the bottom of a baking dish
3. Rub both sides of the chicken breasts with the rosemary
4. Place the rubbed chicken breasts over the lemon slices in the baking dish
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender
6. Squeeze the juice of the remaining lemon half over the baked chicken before plating
7. Add salt and pepper according to taste
The rosemary enhances the tangy lemony flavor that infuses the chicken as it bakes. Here's a suggestion: double the recipe, cut up the leftovers, and add them to a chopped salad for lunch the next day.
If you would like to receive an email when other food articles by Marylou Morano are published, click on Subscribe, above. Subscription is free.