If you are tired of serving the same old tired potato recipe at your holiday brunch, try this easy alternative from Chef Eric Crowley. For more information about Chef Eric and to see more of his delightful recipes, visit him online at Culinary Classroom or view his videos on Vimeo.
Baked Breakfast Potatoes with Onions Yield: 4–6 Servings
Red bliss potatoes 2 pounds
Olive oil 2 Tablespoons
Onion, chopped 1/2 cup
Salt 1 Tablespoon
Pepper 1 ½ teaspoons
1. In a large bowl, combine the oil and onions. Season well with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat an oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry the potatoes. Peel if desired. If the potatoes are large, cut them into halves or quarters.
3. Toss the potatoes in the oil mixture, making sure that the potatoes are coated in oil. Add more oil, if needed.
4. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet that has been lined with aluminum foil.
5. Roast until the potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes to an hour. Serve.