In this fast paced world families are always looking for filling, healthy and quick options to prepare. Baking a broccoli quiche fits that bill to a tee. The preparation and cooking time is short which will enable you to serve this quiche as a light lunch or quick dinner. All that is needed to complete the meal is a nice little salad on the side. Once the quiche is in the oven, prepare the salad and set the table. In the time it takes to toss the salad and fix each place setting the quiche will be ready to come out of the oven.
- 1 cup of Bisquick pancake mix
- 3 cups of fresh chopped broccoli florets
- 4 eggs
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup oil (scant)
- ½ cup grated cheese plus extra for topping
- Dash of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Wash broccoli and then cut up the florets into small pieces and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl add the powered pancake batter, the eggs, oil, grated cheese, bell pepper, garlic, pepper and oregano. Stir until the pancake batter is well mixed and forms a wet, lightly sticky batter.
- Add the chopped broccoli to the batter mixture and fold together. Make sure all the broccoli is covered in batter.
- Fill a pie pan with the broccoli quiche mixture. (Do not grease the pie pan) Cook in oven for approximately 35 minutes or until done, top should be lightly browned. Top of quiche should be lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, top with grated cheese and you are ready to eat.
- "Scant" - in recipe means that the amount listed is near to what should be used. Usually it is slightly less than the exact measurement.
- Broccoli quiche can be cut exactly the way you would slice a dessert pie.
- If using a square pan and want to use this recipe as an appetizer, let cool completely then cut into 1 inch squares and place on platter or serving tray. Warm for a few minutes in the oven when you are ready to serve the appetizers.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner. Looking for celebrity news, scoops, pop culture, events, attractions and entertainment stories follow the Jackson Celebrity Examiner.