A potable snack on the go is just the thing on mornings when everyone is in a rush to get out the door. These cupcakes are light and filled with chips that may make them grab two instead of one before shutting the front door. Just about everyone loves chocolate chip cookies. And we all know that having chocolate chips in a dessert is always a sweet addition. Children go wild for them when they feast their eyes upon those small morsels of candy. Well, why not put them in cup cakes. Everyone has their own individual little cake and will get more than just a cookie or two to consume. Try these they just may hit the spot.
- 1 package of chocolate chips (12 ounce package)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2/3 cups of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Paper muffin cups
- Preheat oven to 370'.
- In large bowl cream butter until light and gradually add the granulated sugar.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into bowl with creamed butter. Add these ingredients slowly till they are completely incorporated.
- Beat in eggs. Then add the remaining dry ingredients as well as the milk and vanilla. Beat cake mixture till it is smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon until they are completely covered with the cake batter.
- Place paper cup cake cups in cake pan.
- Fill paper cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 20 minutes before removing cup cakes and transferring them onto a cooling rack.
- Store in Tupperware container to keep fresh and air tight.
- If using a plate or platter wrap cup cakes with plastic wrap before and after serving them.
- Any type of chips or morsels can be used. If you prefer butterscotch, white chocolate or peanut butter use them in lieu of milk chocolate by all means.
- Be aware that cup cake pan will be hot so remove from oven with care and always remember to use oven mitts.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: