When the heat is on outside, the last thing you want to do is heat up your kitchen. This Baja Salmon Avocado recipe from Bumble Bee Foods is the perfect meal for a hot day.
Bumble Bee Foods has just released the summer issue of its first-ever eBook: “BeeWell for Life – A Living Guide” available free online and for download. Its chock full of healthy recipes like this one, and lifestyle tips from experts. Be sure to download your copy today!
Baja Salmon Avocado
- 1 can (14.75 ounces) Bumble Bee Salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 medium avocados, halved
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning or chili powder
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped
- Cut avocados in half and scoop out the flesh, leaving 1/4 inch rim for shell. Set aside halved shells.
- Reserve scooped avocado and dice to combine with remaining ingredients.
- Stir together the salmon, lemon and lime juice, and taco seasoning.
- Toss diced avocado, tomato, onion, jalapeno and cilantro with salmon.
- Fill the avocado halves with the salmon mixture.
- If desired, serve with hot sauce and tortilla chips.