Hollywood walked the red carpet oversees at the annual BAFTA awards. The annual broadcast is the biggest event before the Oscars. Lupita Nyong'o was a vision in an emerald green Christian Dior Couture gown. The actress lost in her category but won our award for the best dressed actress of the night. Oprah Winfrey should be commended for wearing a Stella McCartney gown that had to be sewn up before she walked before the cameras. We wonder if Oprah wore spanx for her big night after receiving a BAFTA nomination for her role in "The Butler." The biggest upset of the evening occurred when 12 Years a Slave won Best Film after it was almost shut out. Gravity won in several categories including Outstanding British Film, Director, Cinematography, Visual Effects and Original Music.
Here is our recap of the best dressed on the red carpet.
- Angelina Jolie wore the menswear trend in a Saint Laurent tuxedo. Brad Pitt wore a Valentino tuxedo with a collarless shirt.
- Lea Seydoux wore a blue Miu Miu dress with a sheer skirt.
- Naomie Harris wore a bright fuschia Gucci dress.
- Uma Thurman in Versace
- Cate Blanchett in Alexander McQueen
- Amy Adams in Victoria Beckham
- Helen Mirren received her special honor in Jacques Azagury.