Potato salad is a summer staple and having a basic go-to recipe is a must. From that, you can easily change it up with different dressings, herbs or other extras. With potatoes and onions ready to be harvested, a potato salad is a perfect choice to use some of the bounty.
This potato salad recipe has the addition of bacon, making it a sure fire hit!
8 medium potatoes
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
5 green onions, chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
3 hardboiled eggs, chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tab. mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel and cut potatoes into cubes
2. Cook potatoes in boiling water over medium heat until tender, normally around 15 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool some.
3. Hard boil eggs, peel and chop
4. Cook bacon (on stove, oven or micro) until crisp. Crumble
5. Finely chop green onions and celery
6. Mix together mayo, sour cream and mustard to make dressing
Stir together mayonnaise and sour cream until blended. Pour over potato mixture, tossing gently to coat.
1. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add bacon, green onions, celery and hard boiled eggs.
2. Add mayo mixture over potato mixture. Toss gently until evenly coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 1 to 24 hours.
Start with the listed amount of mayo/sour cream/mustard dressing, adding more if needed
Consider adding bell peppers for more color, crunch and a little flavor kick.