It’s ba-a-ack! Bacon-Palooza, a multimedia paean to all things bacon, will be returning to New York for a rematch with your arteries for the three days from Friday, March 1, through Sunday, March 3.
The porky extravaganza, which invites you to make a perfect pig of yourself, is for a good cause — to support educational opportunities for children with autism.
On hand will be an endless bacon buffet and an open bar featuring Bakon Vokda, culminating on Sunday with a sit-down bacon brunch courtesy of The Baconery. But there will be bacon for the eyes and ears as well, with performances Friday and Saturday night of C.T. Jermin's musical medley “The Bacon Blues,” Little Miss Lixx’s Bacon Burlesque (bacon does after all come in “strips”), and a new musical by The Bacon Bits titled “Beauty and the Bacon.” There will even by a reading of bacon prose and poetry, a film (“BACON: The Movie”), and a bacon art exhibition (submissions welcome).
If an increase in your levels of LDL is not enough of a keepsake, mementoes of the event will be available for purchase, from bacon jelly beans to bacon toothpaste to a copy of the program book, BACONTHOLOGY (free to attendees).
Net proceeds to be donated to the non-profit Reach for the Stars Learning Center, a school for autistic children.
Tickets, which are available here, are $30 for day pass, $85 for a three-day pass is $85. Bacon-Palooza will be held at the SoHo Gallery for Digital Art, 138 Sullivan Street, 800-420-5590/212-228-2810.
- Bacon-Palooza: Let them eat bacon
- Burger King adds bacon sundae, other caloric treats to menu
- Bacon-nation: Free bacon treats at Baconery launch party
- Critic’s Notebook: Fly in the ointment, death by bacon, wine by The Donald (Photos)
- California restaurant chain unveils burger made entirely of ground bacon
- Make way for bacon-scented shaving cream (Photos)
- Critic’s Notebook: Borscht Belt in TriBeCa; BaconLube; culinary erector set