This bacon dip recipe with cream cheese combines the decadent flavors that people love together. Aside from the bacon and cream cheese, this party dip recipe adds in onions and a bit of corn syrup to create a sweet caramelized taste that goes great with a variety of chips.
Thanksgiving and Christmas party dip recipes give us an excuse to share some of our favorite flavors with the family and friends we spend the holidays with.
Dress up the bacon dip recipe with cream cheese by selecting a lovely bowl for the center of your appetizer arrangement, and then surround it with fresh veggies, crackers and assorted chips. Serve it alongside other pork appetizers like a holiday ham and brie on a baguette or even some Italian Christmas appetizers.
- 8-oz or 6 to 8 strips of bacon
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 med. chopped sweet onion
- 1 med. chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 pkg or 8-oz softened cream cheese
- ¼ c. diced green onions
- Fry bacon in a large skillet for about 10 minutes. Cook over medium until the bacon turns crisp.
- Once the bacon is cooked, place on a plate lined with paper towels so that it can cool.
- Drain the skillet of most of the bacon grease except 2 tablespoons.
- Add in butter to the bacon grease still left in the skillet.
- Add in the red and sweet onions, cooking them over medium until they become soft. This should take about 5 minutes. You'll have to stir frequently to keep the onions from sticking.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of the corn syrup, cooking the mixture of bacon grease, onions, butter and syrup for up to 15 minutes until the onions caramelize.
- Stir in the rest of the corn syrup, the bacon bits and the vinegar.
- Mix the ingredients together and then remove from the stove, allowing it to cool for about 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, blend together the cream cheese and sour cream using a hand mixer until the consistency is creamy and has a smooth texture.
- Add the green onions to the creamy mixture and then add in the caramelized onions and bacon mixture, mixing the ingredients well so that the flavor of all the ingredients infuses the bacon dip recipe with cream cheese.
- You can serve this immediately as a warm dip or put into the fridge for a dip to eat later.
- Crumble additional green onions and bacon on top plus some grated cheddar to garnish it.