If you are a bacon lover, and who isn't, go grab your fork! Hip hip hooray, Dec. 30 is Bacon Day! It's the perfect day to go hog wild! The annual food holiday, created by Danya Goodman and Meff Leonard, celebrates bacon in all its tasty glory! Bacon is so popular, it is celebrated several times a year.
Whether you prefer yours chewy or crispy, this popular meat product can be smoked, fried, baked, boiled or grilled. In honor of Bacon Day, why not whip up one or two of the bacon-inspired dishes, drinks and cocktail recipes listed below? It's time to make some bacon!
Weird & Wacky Bacon Recipes
- Spicy Bacon Guacamole Recipe - If you're tired of the same ho-hum dip recipe, check this one out!
- Infamous Turtle Burger Bacon Goddess - This recipe calls for hamburger, cheese, hot dogs, bacon and toothpicks.
- Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Pizza - You'll need one large pizza crust, mozzarella cheese, olive oil, roma tomatoes, lettuce, mayo and cooked bacon.
- Chocolate-Bacon Crunch - This simple-to-make recipe calls for pecans, semi-sweet chocolate and thick sliced center cut bacon.
- Candied Bacon Twists - You'll need brown sugar, cinnamon and one pound of bacon for this treat.
- Bacon Pumpkin Pie - Perfect for the holidays, eh?
- Chocolate-Covered Bacon - If you're looking for a sweet and salty treat to eat, you're in luck!
- Beer Bacon Pecan Tart - 'Nuff said!
- Chocolate Beer Batter Cupcakes with Maple Bacon Frosting - Chocolate, beer, bacon and maple syrup - sounds like all the food groups are covered!
Bacon Cocktails & Drinks
- Bacon, Vodka and Tomato Cocktail - Chef Richard Garcia shares this cocktail recipe that works wonders on hangovers!
- Chocolate Bacon Old Fashioned - You'll need bacon-infused bourbon, simple syrup, chocolate bitters , ice and an orange peel for garnish.
- Bacon 'n Eggnog Cocktail - This pretty drink is perfect for the holidays!
- Maple Bacon Shake - This non-alcoholic recipe calls for French vanilla ice cream, salt, bacon, milk and maple syrup.
Happy Bacon Day! And speaking of holidays...