Backstage Creations, specialists in award show gifts and custom backstage Celebrity Retreats™, produced the “Celebrity Retreat™” at the Teen Choice 2014 that aired live from the Shrine Auditorium August 10th.
This year, teens casted more than 164 million votes in support of their favorite celebrities from film, television, music, sports, digital and fashion.
The show was hosted Sarah Hyland and Tyler Posey and a special honor was given to Selena Gomez with the Ultimate Choice Award.
Performers included Demi Lovato with Cher Lloyd, Becky G, Jason Derulo, MAGIC and Rixton.
Presenters included Cody Simpson, MKTO, Fifth Harmony, Taylor Swift and Nat Wolf to name a few. Other attendees included Alex & Sierra, Josh Levi, The Janoskians, Echosmith, Adriana Grande and more.
Backstage Creations specialists in award show gifts and custom backstage Celebrity retreats. The organization was created in 2000 by Karen Wood, formerly a talent coordinator on over 50 award shows and gives major corporations as well as up-and-coming designers the exclusive opportunity to personally introduce their services and products to celebrities.
The gift items selected for the Celebrity Retreat™ include:
· Olay Fresh Effects: People like Italia Ricci, Emily Osment and Jordin Sparks stopped by the Olay Fresh Effects display to pick products.
Dell Venue 8 Tablet- Paul Wesley stopped by to learn about the new Dell Venue 8 Tablet before heading back to the Fox green room. Heart of Dixie’s McKayley Miller couldn’t get enough of the Dell Venue 8 Tablet, stating “I’m already obsessed with it and it’s only two seconds!” www.dell.com/us/p/dell-venue-8-3840-tablet/pd?ref=PD_OC
Hasbro Inc.- While playing with Simon Swipe, Hayley Orrantia was heard saying, “I’m on an 80’s show, so this is perfect!” Jordin Sparks liked the DohVinci and declared, “I’m stealing this to play with until my niece is older.” www.hasbro.com
Cold Stone Creamery®- Modern Family’s Nolan Gould showed his love for Cold Stone Creamery®, at the Teen Choice Celebrity Retreat. He and Joey King spent their time testing some of the brand’s most popular flavors, from Cake Batter to Cookies & Creamery. Switched at Birth’s Katie Leclerc even took some to-go for the car ride home. www.coldstonecreamery.com
Ideavillage Products Corporation: This year’s Teen Choice Host, Tyler Posey, mentioned how much he and his fiancée would love a Snackeez 2-in-1 Cup- and even asked for two.
Robbie Amell was so intrigued by the Flip Audio headphone technology, saying “I wish I had thought of that.” Odeya Rush, the Olay Fresh Effects Break Out Star Award winner, rushed into the suite to pick up a pair of the headphones for her flight later that night. www.getsnackeez.com & www.flipsaudio.com
MCFADIN- Katie Leclerc absolutely loved the MCFADIN handbags and said they brought her close to home, stating, “I’m from Texas! I love the Texas Star on this brown one!”
Sabra Hummus- X-Factor winners, Alex and Sierra, made a b-line to the Sabra Hummus display as soon as they laid their eyes on it. They declared, “We only eat Sabra. It’s on our bus when we’re on tour.” www.sabra.com
The Boodle Box- As she spotted all the goodies featured in The Boodle Box, actress/singer Nikki Reed brought up how amazing this product is for teens and asked, “Where was this when I was a teenager?” Engaged Teen Choice show host, Tyler Posey, said “Hopefully I’ll have a little girl one day and then I’ll definitely get her a Boodle Box.” www.theboodlebox.com
Trapper Keeper®- After being asked whether or not he remembers the Trapper Keeper®, Big Show laughed and said, “Oh yeah! I graduated in 1990, I had the tri-fold Trapper Keeper.” Twilight’s Nikki Reed was very excited to get her hands on a Trapper Keeper®, stating, “I actually need one of these!”
Singers Fifth Harmony won the grand prize $10,000 donation in school supplies to underserved youth. www.trapperkeeper.com
ZOOMER DINO & ZOOMER ZUPPIES- Fifth Harmony couldn’t contain their excitement about the ZOOMER DINO and ZOOMER ZUPPIES. The girl group sensation especially loved the fact that you can create your own music with the products. Jason Dohring, who was nominated for his role in Veronica Mars, even brought his kids into the suite, who fell in love with ZOOMER DINO. www.zoomerdino.com & www.zoomerpup.com
Also included in the gift bag was:
· Colgate Optic White- The Colgate® Optic WhiteTM Toothbrush + Whitening Pen contains a built-in whitening pen for convenient whitening. It’s as simple as brush, whiten, go for whiter teeth in 2 days. Use with the Colgate® Optic White® PLATINUM Whiten and Protect™ Toothpaste and Colgate® Optic White® WhiteSeal™ Mouthwash for whitening results even faster – brush, rinse, whiten and go – for whiter teeth in 1 day. www.ColgateOpticWhite.com
· Logitech Bemo- The Logitech Bemo is a social video camera that turns your adventures and everyday moments into movies, and lets you share them on the go. www.mybemo.com
· Logitech Mice- The 2014 Logitech Color Collection which is Logitech’s sixth-annual design collection offered on Logitech’s most popular mice, is designed with a pattern and color for every mood, personality and style, allowing everyone to express their individuality. www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers?wt.mc_id=global_news_cc
· Poketti® Plushies with a Pocket- Designed by a 14-year old young entrepreneur, Poketti Plushies with a Pocket are soft animal pillows with a useful pocket on the back to hold your phone, a notebook, glasses, or other small treasures. www.poketti.com
· WACKYTIVITIES KINETIC SAND by SPIN MASTER- It’s more fun when it’s Wacky! Kinetic Sand is the squeezable sand where you can FEEL the fun! You’ve never felt anything like it! Pack it, pull it, shape it and love it, Kinetic Sand is so incredible you can’t put it down. It’s kinetic – meaning it sticks to itself and not to you! It oozes, moves and melts right before your eyes. It flows through your fingers like a slow-moving liquid, but leaves them completely dry. Shape anything you want and use it over and over again. Kinetic Sand never dries out and is gluten free. This soft and stretchy sand easily cleans up while delivering non-stop fun! It’s squeezable sand you can’t put down. Feel the difference with Kinetic Sand! WWW.SPINMASTER.COM
· Andrew Mitchell Fitness- Learn how to sculpt the body you need with 3 one hour training sessions led by Los Angeles trainer Andrew Mitchell. www.andrewmfitness.com
· Invitation Consultants- Invitation consultants personalized bookmarks are the perfect way to express your style and keep organized! www.invitationconsultants.com
· Rolf Bleu- Hands free Chanel inspired purse/phone case and iPad mini cross body case. You don't have to sacrifice fashion for function! www.rolfbleu.com
· VOXX Electronics Corporation: Audiovox ShutterBall- Take Epic Selfies with Audiovox ShutterBall! ShutterBall is a Bluetooth powered remote shutter that pairs your smartphone camera via an app that allows you to take epic selfies, group shots and videos without having to endure the contortions of pressing the trigger on your smartphone! Say goodbye to awkward selfies and never be left out of that group photo again! www.myshutterball.com
· ZUMER SPORT- Zumer Sport Basketball + Football Duffel Bags- Made From Actual Sport Ball Materials! www.zumersport.com
Randy Fuhrman, CEO of Randy Fuhrman Events, designed a New Hampshire Oceanside lounge experience for both the press and talent to enjoy at this year’s show. Stars like MAGIC!, Nikki Reed and Nev Schulman all kicked back in the beach-themed setting. Jordin Sparks spent time shopping for both her and her man, Jason, DeRulo, picking up items from brands like Dell, Olay and Hasbro, taking a quick break in Fuhrman’s beach lounge to watch Jason close the show. www.randyfuhrmanevents.com