At yesterday’s Tadashi Shoji show, the Moroccan-inspired clothing was perfectly complemented by an ethereal hairstyle and whimsical makeup. Lead stylist, Rodney Cutler, Redken Expert/Celebrity Runway Stylist for THE SALON at ULTA Beauty worked alongside ULTA Beauty stylist Jen McGann, to develop the look that was bohemian with just enough structure to offset the flowing garments.
Stepping away from the chaos of backstage, Cutler was able to share his tips for replicating the look at home.
- Start by blow drying hair using Redken Spray Starch 15 Heat Styling Spray for dryness and texture.
- Set with a 1.5 barrel curling iron along with Redken Powder Grip 03 Texturizing Hair Powder to create volume and grittiness.
- Use French lacing for fullness— but do NOT backcomb.
- Then, create a side part and separate hair into three sections.
- Braid the right side of the part to act as a cushion.
- Roll the opposite side of the part over the braid and set using Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray.
Romantic locks with a contemporary twist.