The perfect, healthy lunch for your kids this school year should include a protein, some fruit, a vegetable, and a small treat -- all in perfect-size portions for kids depending on their age. Containers with individual compartments usually appeal to most kids. (Remember thinking it was awful if your food touched?) A bento box is an excellent choice for packing creative school lunches. Here are some combinations to fill those compartments.
- Cracker & cream cheese “sandwiches”, grapes, carrots, sunflower seeds, chocolate chips
- Cheddar cheese squares, raspberries, small container of sunflower kernels, carrots, cereal bar, frosted animal cookies
- Turkey roll-up, trail mix, orange slices, kiwi slices, fig newton’s
- Hardboiled egg, carrot sticks, grapes, wheat crackers, vanilla wafers
- Yogurt cup, blueberries, raspberries, sliced cucumbers, pretzel sticks, banana bread
- Hummus roll-up, cherry tomatoes, baked chips, craisins, zucchini bread
- Taco meat, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, tortilla chips, cinnamon graham crackers
Pottery Barn has a great selection of colorful bento boxes to choose from.