Back to school can be a scary time for students with new classes, new students, new teachers, new schedules and sometimes even a new building. Students, remember you are not alone. Here are some tips to make going back to school easier.
- Make sure you begin reading a book a few weeks before the end of the summer. Visit the library and check out a book to read. This will prepare you for the work ahead at school.
- Get in the habit of doing your homework right after school. Be sure to have chargers, and everything you might need technologically as well as manually.
- If you feel you are being bullied look the bully in the eye, say you do not like what they said and walk away. Tell someone, your teacher, counselor, principal, parents or friend. If you are cyberbullied do not respond to the bully. Use any blocking abilities on the website. Keep any messages, pictures texts or emails and show them to your parents and the authorities. Get help!
- If you walk to school follow all traffic rules. Look both ways before crossing the street and make sure the light is green. If you ride the bus make sure the bus comes to a complete stop before trying to get on or off the bus. If you ride a bike wear a helmet and learn the rules of the road.
- Get to bed early, lay out your clothes, back pack and lunch the night before. This will reduce or eliminate the rush in the morning and there is less chance of forgetting something important. Do not forget to set your alarm clock or phone to wake you up.
Have a brilliant school year!