School is back in full swing for some, however, some are just getting ready to head back to the classroom next week. If you are like many parents that purchase your school supplies such as notebooks in bulk, then this recycled art craft is perfect for your kids as it will give them the opportunity to make their notebooks unique and trendy. This fun craft from The Paper Pony will let you create a fun notebook with your favorite cereal and snack boxes.
- Hole punch
- Cereal or snack food boxes
- Pen or pencil
- Glue (depending on your notebook type)
You can make one notebook cover for each cereal or snack food box you have.
- Assign a box to each notebook you want to make over. If you have various size notebooks, smaller snack food boxes like Poptart boxes, or other snack foods will be great for mini notebooks or homework calendars.
- Cut off all the excess parts of the box that doesn't fit your notebook size. This usually means cutting down the front side of the box to only the design as well as removing the flaps, sides, and back of the box.
- Remove the wire of the notebook if you are using spiral bound notebooks, if not, proceed to next step.
- Turn your paired down cereal box over to the plain side. Using a piece of paper from the notebook, draw on the holes from top to bottom on the cardboard. This is where you need to punch holes in your cardboard so you can place your notebook back together.
- Punch holes where you designated they should be.
- Twist and twirl the wire back into place. If you are not using a spiral bound notebook, again, skip this step.
- If you are using a composition notebook or a tear-and-share notebook, simply match up the holes that you punched out (if any were needed) and glue the cardboard box design onto the original cover.
Now you have a unique notebook perfect for heading back to school that others won't have. Perhaps you could start the trend.