Kids all over the nation are heading back to school today and picking up their school books from their teachers. And let's face it, they're pretty boring to look at. If you are like I was in high school, you'll likely want to doodle on your book, or cover it up so that you don't get fined for damage at the end of the year. Making brown bag book covers is a craft that goes back to when our parents were in school. This is a craft they should definitely be able to help with if you need it.
- 1 text book
- 1 brown paper bag
- Items to decorate with
This will cover one book per paper bag.
- Open up the bag by cutting down one seam. Cut off the bag bottom so that you are left with one large piece of brown paper.
- Lay your book in the center of the paper. Fold the top and bottom of the paper down so that it is flush with the size of your text book. A standard text book should give you about 2-4 inches on the top and bottom.
- Lay the book back into the center of the paper bag. Fold the paper bag over so that both covers and spine are covered up and the paper ends match up.
- Fold the ends in so that they create a pocket for the covers to insert into. Once the folds are made, tuck the book covers into them.
- Decorate the book as you like using markers, glitter, felt, or other things that you have to decorate with.
Make one for each book to protect them throughout the school year. If you don't want to use plain brown bag paper, then you can also use wrapping paper or the Sunday comics to really distinguish your books.