With the summer ending and the kids getting back to school, couples who put off working on their marriage over the summer break are now faced with the reality of the situation once more. For many couples this can be a pivotal time in the marriage.
Are you going to spend another year avoiding the problems with each other or finally do something about it?
Back to school for the kids is the perfect time for couples to get back to working on the intimacy in the marriage. Over time the intimacy in a marriage is what begins to decline, spending quality time with one another enjoying each other’s company can spark those feeling again. Intimacy can encompass making love with each other in the bedroom and outside of the bedroom, intimacy is not just about sex but connecting before having sex. Couples that don’t take each other for granted are more likely to have a better marriage and work through their problems rather than avoid them.
5 steps to help inspire some intimacy back in the marriage while the kids are at school:
- Plan a lunch date with each other, a midday romantic lunch can be the perfect inspiration for wonderful lovemaking in the evening.
- Take a day off and spend it with each other doing something fun that the two of you used to do when you first started dating.
- Midday romp in the hay! If you can both get some time away meet at home when the kids are in school and have a hot sexy afternoon.
- Pack a picnic lunch with each other and spend the afternoon by the beach or a lake, sip a glass of wine and relax, and reconnect.
- If you were seeking help from a counselor before school started and then put it off, go back for intimacy counseling and do the exercises to make the sex more romantic, sexy and fun.
Take the time to work on the marriage today and remember that the marriage came before the children and is still needs to be there when the children have left the nest. Don’t put off what you can do today until it is too late and nothing can be done about it tomorrow.