You asked for it, so here it is, the super delicious, low calorie, guilt free Golden Door Jam Dot cookie recipe, the perfect fall (or anytime dessert). Actually practice making them for the Christmas holidays to serve when entertaining or for a healthy gifts to friends and relatives. We’ve eaten them at the Golden Door during our weeks at the super swank, ultra-relaxing but high energy, Escondido, California health and resort emporium, and baked them many times at home. The 75 calorie treats are delicious.
Here you go:
What you need:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1 cup sliced almonds, ground course
- 1 cup oats also ground course
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 jar of fruit jam of your choice
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking sheet with vegetable spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sifted whole wheat flour, ground almonds, ground oats and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl combine grapeseed oil, maple syrup, orange juice, and vanilla. Combine wet ingredients with the dry and mix well. Scoop 1 tablespoon of batter for each cookie onto baking sheet. Use your thumb or back of a spoon to make a well in the middle of the cookie batter. Fill the well with 1 teaspoon of fruit jam for each cookie.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and enjoy--these are delicious and very addictive. Some words of caution: you won't be able to eat just one.
For more information about the Golden Door, which is located about an hour’s drive from San Diego Airport (they pick up guests for the week-long, Sunday to Sunday program); 20-minutes from Oceanside’s Amtrak train station (they’ll pick you up from there, too); a three-hour drive from Los Angeles. For more information and schedules of the various women’s only, men’s only and coed weeks go to: http://www.thegoldendoor.com.