The Bachelorette 2014 (Season 10) starring Andi Dorfman begins Monday night (May 19) immediately following the Dancing With The Stars finale. As always, Reality Steve is ready with episode-by-episode Bachelorette spoilers for the coming season even before the premiere hits the airwaves.
If you want to get up to speed before even "meeting" the first potential suitor, read on! If not, come back for our post-premiere recap instead. For spoiler-free fun, check out the 25 guys' bios here. For her part, Bachelorette Andi spent premiere day on an cross-country flight, tweeting Monday afternoon, "Bye bye NYC, back to LA. Really racking up some mileage today!"
Bachelorette Spoilers 2014: Andi Meets Her 25 Men, Sends Six Home on Season 10 Premiere
Basically, Reality Steve says there isn't all that much drama to speak of on the first episode, and what little there is appears completely contrived by ABC producers and one particularly persistent past contestant.
Here's a quick rundown of what to expect on the May 19 premiere based on the Bachelorette spoilers posted on Steve's site:
- Andi's dad, Hy, shows up on the first night, presumably to check out the guys and let Andi know he's keeping an eye on things...but no footage of this made it into the final cut of the premiere. (Though we will apparently see Andi and her sister hanging out, talking about clothes and generally catching up for no real reason.)
- Nick V. gets the first impression rose, but not because Bachelorette Andi was hopelessly attracted to him; her choice apparently had more to do with his family-oriented personality and back-story. As far as her "type," Josh M. fit her bill the best. "Nailed it. Pegged it. Damn!" Andi reportedly gushes over the tall, dark and handsome guy whose most wished-for super power, according to his bio, would be to "travel back in time to change some things."
- During the entire Bachelorette 2014 season, there will be no 2-on-1 date. (Must be a relief for these guys - do they even know how awkward those can get?! Then again...how could ABC deprive us of that pure television gold? Their drama-game is clearly slipping.)
- The men pull out all the stops to try and impress Andi during limo exits/first impressions. Craig uncorks champagne; Bradley sings; Marquel brings cookies with a twist. But nobody gets crazy-drunk or does anything overly embarrassing - sorry, kids.
- A former Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad contestant, Chris Bukowski, shows up "unexpectedly" at the mansion gates, only to be rejected when Andi is notified by producers. Steve-o says we shouldn't be surprised when it feels like complete fakery that producers didn't know (and likely plan for) Chris showing up. However, it appears Andi really wasn't expecting the new arrival and didn't even know who he was; she sends him on his way without meeting with him, at least not on-camera.
- Six guys are sent home during the first rose ceremony.
- ABC host Chris Harrison will open the Bachelorette 2014 premiere by dedicating Season 10 to late cast member Eric Hill, who died suddenly last month in a paragliding accident. Viewers will see Andi and Eric interact, something Reality Steve said felt a bit "weird." We haven't even seen this yet, and we tend to agree. Rest in peace, Eric Hill.
Stay tuned to this Examiner for more Bachelorette 2014 spoilers, recaps and general gossip in the coming weeks, and please share this article on social media if you liked it! Happy watching...