Skip to main content

See also:

‘Bachelor’ star Juan Pablo scandal: ABC distances itself from him

Juan Pablo
Juan Pablo
ABC

Bachelor” star Juan Pablo was the most desired “Bachelor” star up until last week. Juan has been doing tons of press to promote his season of the show and that involves doing lots of interviews. And last week, Juan made a comment that seems to have rattled people’s views of him. Even though he says he has gay friends, he went out to say that he doesn’t think that gays should be given the opportunity to find love on television. He said that he didn’t think it was good for children to see. According to a new Wetpaint Entertainment report published on Jan. 18, “Bachelor” star Juan Pablo’s comments have made ABC release a statement about the situation.


The comment was forgiven by some gay people, but it sounds like some people were offended by it. And ABC saw the controversy building up, and now a representative has decided to issue a statement to create some distance. “Juan Pablo’s comments were careless, thoughtless, and insensitive, and in no way reflect the views of the network, the show’s producers or studio," reads the statement.

The network may have done everything to drum up the show, but it sounds like they may not have known how Juan felt about such sensitive matters. And this comment comes just as the show is starting to add steam. One has to wonder how this comment will affect the ratings for the show.

What do you think of ABC releasing a statement?