Despite the rumors, "Bachelor" star Sean Lowe has not joined the "Dancing With the Stars" 2013 cast. The heartthrob reality star, who dismissed Ashlee Frazier on Monday night's episode to hand out his final two roses, was thought to be a strong possibility for DWTS Season 16. However, his name was not among the 11 celebrities confirmed this morning on ABC's "Good Morning America."
The full 2013 DWTS cast list includes:
- Zendaya Coleman, Disney Channel star
- Andy Dick, actor/comedian
- Dorothy Hamill, Olympic gold medalist in figure skating
- D.L. Hughley, comedian/actor
- Jacoby Jones, Baltimore Ravens wide receiver
- Wynonna Judd, five-time Grammy-winning country star
- Victor Ortiz, former WBC Welterweight Champion
- Kellie Pickler, American Idol alum and country-music star
- Ingo Rademacher, General Hospital star
- Aly Raisman, Olympic gold-medalist in gymnastics
- Lisa Vanderpump, star of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills/Vanderpump Rules
Considering that Sean Lowe has confirmed he's engaged, it's not surprising he's not on the list. "The Bachelor" finished filming several months ago which means Sean and his fiance have only seen each other on a very limited basis since then. His fiance won't be revealed until March 11 on "The Bachelor" finale -- making it another two weeks before the couple can finally go public.
If Lowe had competed for the Mirror Ball trophy, it would mean the Dallas native would be back in Los Angeles for an extended period of time training and competing on DWTS, thus delaying and limiting the time he could spend with this new fiance.
"Dancing With the Stars" Season16 premieres Mar. 26 at 8 p.m. on ABC.