Kevin Schartz and Keith Garber, as the “founding fathers” of babyganics, a very popular brand of baby-safe household and body care products, want share some surprising news, just because something is marked as “Green” doesn’t necessarily mean that it is baby-safe. However there is some good news, what is safe and good for your baby is always good for the planet. This approach is really just a simple change in perspective, and with it, everybody wins. Now these two authors have written a guide to creating a baby-safe home, diet, and environment that is healthy and happy for your new family.
When a new baby comes home, new parents suddenly start paying very close attention to basically everything the baby touches and everything that touches the baby. From cleaning your floors and countertops to giving a bath or applying sunscreen to grooming your pets, everything becomes hyper-critical. Because once there is a baby in the mix, everything raises the same simple question: How safe is it for my family?
Schwartz and Garber know babies, and they know safety as well, especially when it comes to protecting, moisturizing, nourishing, and cleaning babies. In BabySafe in Seven Steps, they have applied their family-tested research to these seven critical categories:
1. Mommy detox: how to reduce exposure to additives, preservatives, and chemicals in food and beauty products while pregnant, plus essential tips for safeguarding the nursery
2. “Crib” improvement: identify toxins under the sink, in the garage, or on the patio, and how to mix your own DIY baby-safe cleaners
3. Pampered babies: advice on selecting the best diapers, soaps, shampoos, and laundry detergent for the baby
4. Playing safe: how to avoid PVCs in toys, understand choking hazard warnings, and ensure that rattles, teething rings, and other baby gear are safe
5. Family food fun: helpful hints for choosing, cooking, and storing the most nutritious snacks, meals, and treats
6. Fur babies matter, too: learn the baby-safe ways to groom, bathe, and play with your pets
7. World-proofing: how to fertilize your lawn without pesticides, keep bugs away naturally, protect baby skin from the sun, and prepare for dirty parks, playrooms, and changing stations.
With these seven steps parents can make it easy and affordable for themselves to create an environment that will allow their baby to develop and explore freely and safely, so that they can relax and enjoy every special moment. BabySafe in Seven Steps is published by Ballantine books.
Robert J. Sodaro has been reviewing comicbooks for some 30 years. During that time, his reviews and articles have appeared in numerous print publications, as well as on the web. Subscribe to receive regular comicbook articles and reviews.