When shopping for baby shower gifts, there are usually plenty of cute baby gifts to choose from on the registry. When baby arrives, however, you may find yourself feeling stumped as to what kind of baby gift to buy for the new mom.
When there have already been several baby showers and it seems like the mom already has everything, it can be hard to figure out what gift to bring to celebrate the baby’s birth. Actually though, buying a gift for baby can be even more fun once he or she has arrived because you can finally make or purchase personalized gifts, or give a gift that will be truly helpful to the new mom.
The new parents would surely appreciate the extra effort you made to get one of these keepsake gifts or thoughtful surprises.
- Photo frame or wall art labeled with baby’s name
- Original artwork made from the letters in the child’s name
- A personalized Onesie or infant t-shirt
- Baseball, football or hockey jersey with the family’s last name and baby’s birth date as the number
- Clothing or a keepsake stuffed animal embroidered with baby’s name
- Baby’s first Bible with name embossed on cover
- Blank prayer journal with baby’s name embellishing the front cover
- Pre-made scrapbook pages with simple frames to slip baby’s photo into
- A newspaper from the day baby was born
- Time capsule container filled with popular items of modern times and instructions to add baby’s picture, birth announcement, etc.
- Christmas stocking bearing child’s name
- Baby’s first Christmas ornament with year imprinted
- A mother’s birth stone pendant
- Pre-paid photo package so parents can get prints of the newborn baby
- A cute “baby’s firsts” calendar with the times you’ll be over to help mom get a break, already penciled in
New moms are just beginning to get to know their newborns and the experience can feel somewhat surreal. Personalized baby gifts help her feel like the baby has something that is truly theirs which, in turn, can help her begin to envision the life ahead with her child. Gifts such as photo packages or your offer of help also let her know that you care about the adjustment period and you want to do anything you can to help her relax and just enjoy sharing the news of her baby’s arrival.