It's a family-friendly, calm, shallow-water beach with a nice, easy, sandy slope to the edge of the water. There's quite a bit of coral reef near the water's edge, and even out by the reef break the water is not very deep. Also, most days the water is very clear.
Baby Beach rarely has a shark get over the coral reef systems, but it does happen. If it does happen, the shark is normally a baby shark that was pushed over the reef wall by high waves.
Located just north of the hectic town of Lahaina with all the art galleries, restaurants, jewelry stores, and souvenir shops, Baby Beach is an easy walk from the parking lots on Papalaua Road. Parking is sometimes difficult, and you may have to park along Front Street.
Looking for a calm, clear, children-friendly beach with a grassy area for picnicking? Consider Baby Beach in Lahaina. It is a good beach for sun bathing, and it also boasts some of the most spectacular sunsets on the island of Maui.
- Great beach for families and small children.
- Easy access from Front Street and Lahaina.
- Good reef protection and calm water all day.
- Incredible views of Lanai and magnificent sunsets.
- It's an easy walk from Lahaina Town and the Lahaina Cannery Mall.
- Parking can be a challenge.
- Possibly a bit of a walk, depending on where you park.
- No restroom facilities.
- No convenience stores nearby. Pack it in - Pack it out!
Take Hwy. 30 to the west side of Maui. Turn toward the ocean and Front Street at the intersection of Hwy. 30 and Papalaua Road. Go through a traffic light to the dead end at Front Street. The Hard Rock Café will be on your right. Take a right on Front Street at the sea wall. Drive a half-mile or so and you'll see a street intersecting with Front Street name "Puunoa Street". Turn left toward the ocean and start looking for an acceptable parking spot.
Try parking along Puunoa Street, but be careful to not block someone's private driveway. The best parking may be on Front Street or at The Lahaina Cannery Mall.
Tripadvisor Reveiws are a good way to see what others think of Baby Beach in Lahaina.
Yelp also offers comments from visitors to Baby Beach in Lahaina on the west side of Maui, Hawaii.
Travel, Top 10 Lists, Polls Only & Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian island of Maui is an incredible island to visit, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the "gateway" to Bangkok, one of the most visited cities in the world.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama's Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It's one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman's Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It's one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento's On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali' imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy's in Ka'anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui's Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe'o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A "must-see" beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui's top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii's largest working sugar factory.