Working mothers have limited time based on the complexity and ever-revolving schedules that we face. Incorporating time for exercise can be a challenge. However, regular physical activity provides a wide range of benefits beyond preventing excess weight gain or helping to maintain weight loss. Regular physical activity can support the prevention or management of health problems and concerns, including stroke, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, depression, certain types of cancer, arthritis and falls. In addition, exercise improves your mood and provides a boost of energy.
Finding a good gym that will fit your schedule, personality, and motivate you to come back and exercise on a regular basis may offer another set of challenges. Joining a gym is a large financial commitment, therefore it’s important that you make the right decision prior to signing on the dotted line of a long term contract.
Consider utilizing Groupon, the group buying site offering daily deals. Groupon provides great discounts for gyms, restaurants, retail stores, spas, theaters, and much more. Purchasing a Groupon for a local gym can give you the opportunity to pay a discounted rate while providing a real-life experience of the gym. Most Groupon deals can be purchased for one or two month memberships giving you time to determine if the gym is a good fit.
Some local Groupon deals worth considering include:
- Victory Martial Arts is offering three kickboxing class options for their four locations.
- CrossFit Stony Brook is offering two options of unlimited classes.
- Bikram Yoga of Setauket is offering two options for yoga classes.
- Prana Pilates & Yoga in St. James is offering four Groupon options for classes.
- Yoga for Life in Setauket is offering two options for yoga classes.
- Energy Fitness & Wellness is offering Zumba, spin, or fitness classes with gym access on class days.
Please remember to ALWAYS review the Fine Print and restrictions for each Groupon prior to purchase.